We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy.
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, booth information, interests, the email address or phone number you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using eZ-XPO on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data. And if you choose to buy something on eZ-XPO, you provide us with payment information, contact information (ex., address and phone number), and what you purchased. If you buy something for someone else on eZ-XPO, you’d also provide us with their shipping details and contact information.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn account to eZ-XPO, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
Log data: When you use eZ-XPO, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had eZ-XPO features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used eZ-XPO, and cookie data.
Device information: In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using eZ-XPO on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
eZ-Xpo takes data privacy and security very seriously. So how does GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) impact eZ-XPO's data collection practices and what are the steps we've taken to it ensure its safety for all our customers serving an EU audience?
We're here to provide the answers so that you can be confident in our dedication to always being on the forefront of compliance, with transparency and control in sync with data protection laws. For every event delivered, eZ-XPOs takes responsibility as a data processor, whereas the data controller is our client. With implementation going into effect on the 25th of May 2018, the eZ-XPO's team has taken various measures to secure alignment with GDPR guidelines to spearhead strong data protection and security.
GDPR Readiness Outline:
To help you gain familiarity with our new principles to be complied with, we have broken down these new directives into a series of steps so that you can be sure that our standards remain focused on honoring our platform users' rights and consent:
1. eZ-XPOs will enforce GDPR on all standard registration pages as a default measure to confirm legal permission so that your event attendees take control of the data they choose to share.
2. GDPR is implemented based on the nation the client chooses on the registration; this implies that all clients from EU part under the revised data protection legislation.
3. Clients will have the ability to customize their country list as well as the GDPR message that appears on the registration page for clear, easy to understand consent request and disclosures across all levels.
4. In the circumstance that a user does not agree to the terms of sharing adequate and relevant data, they will not be registered.
5. All users have the right to be “forgotten”; when requested, the user's profile data will be anonymized within the specified event domain.
6. If a user requests to be forgotten, it is the responsibility of the event owner to notify the third party contact of the user's request (This is currently a manual process; third parties do not allow someone else to externally make an automated call to "forget" a user).
7. A report will be made available to display all registered GDPR users from a given event.
8. When using the mass upload tool, it is the client's responsibility to ensure all the users who have opted into the GDPR policy.
9. When utilizing a third party (i.e., Salesforce, MailChimp, or Hubspot) for registration, it is the responsibility of the third party to confirm that they're only passing users who have accepted the GDPR policy.
10. We will work with our integration partners as and when required to ensure our GDPR process is aligned with regulation throughout the data transfer.
Committed to serving our clients responsibly, our updated controls and processes protect the data of all EU audiences and uphold their new rights to stay compliant with the GDPR. We look forward to providing greater value and transparency and will continue working harder and smarter to prioritize compliance management.
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for periodically reviewing the Terms of Service. You must report any violations of these Terms. To do so, send an email to [email protected] for assistance.
To contact us with any questions or concerns in connection with these Terms or the Site, or to provide any notice under these Terms, please contact us at [email protected]Z-Xpo.com.